Receiving a Comprehensive Eye Exam in Houston, Texas, 77064
If you are having issues with your vision or need to have your annual eye examination, consider visiting one of our caring eye doctors. Vision Source offers personalized attention and a wide range of eye care practices and procedures. Our goal is to use modern vision care technology combined with decades of optometric experience to help you see better. The eye exam is the first and most important thing you can do to protect your vision and each eye doctor at our vision clinic is concerned with their patient’s well-being and healthy vision.
When selecting a vision center, look for a practice whose optometrists and eye care staff are experienced, knowledgeable and caring. It’s also important to select a vision center that offers eye care services and eye care products that can be matched to your individual needs. The eye exams performed at Vision Source Willowbrook are thorough, the technology utilized is superior, and the patient care is unparalleled. Here are some of the eye care services that we provide at our offices:
- Therapeutic Eye Examination
- Contact Lens Eye Examination and Fit
- Pediatric Eye Examination
- Dry Eye Syndrome Diagnosis and Treatments
- Cataract and Glaucoma Screening and Treatments
- Specialty Contact Lens Examinations and Fittings
How often should I get an eye exam?
We recommend that eye examinations should be performed yearly. The American Optometric Association states that infants should get an eye examination soon after 6 months and then around 3 years of age. Once kids go to school, eye examinations should be performed yearly. Many people wonder why we recommend starting eye examinations at such a young age; they question whether or not you should get an eye examination even if you feel that your vision is ok. Consider these facts:
- Children are now exposed to digital screens and blue light at a much earlier age. This results in eye strain which will continue to increase when kids go back to school.
- Most learning happens visually. If a child has eye strain, it can prevent them from being able to learn to their fullest potential and can also affect behavior if the child cannot focus.
Please keep in mind that the visual acuity performed at schools and at pediatric offices does not a replace a comprehensive eye exam. One test identifies the blurred vision, the other checks the complete health of the eye in addition to determining the exact prescription needed to see your best!
For adults, getting an eye examination is just as important. The statistics from the CDC enlighten us to some of the eye conditions and eye diseases that occur in the United States:
- There are about 61 million adults in the US classified as being at risk for vision loss. Only half have visited an eye doctor in the past 12 months.
- Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness in the US.
- Nearly 3 million people have glaucoma, but half do not even realize it because more often than not there are no warning symptoms.
When you are in need of a detailed eye exam, performed by the best eye doctors in Houston, TX, look to Vision Source Willowbrook. We are dedicated to client satisfaction and offer a wide variety of appointment times Monday through Saturday for your convenience. Give our professionals a call today.